Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sympathy Card by Jane Johnson

Today I wanted to share an idea with you for a Sympathy card following my tutorial for creating your own embossing folders back in May.

I used the dove from the Religious Charms set of dies to create the embossing folder.  To get a deeper impression I cut all of the doves twice and glued two together.  This gave a really good impression compared to just one piece of card for the shapes!!
For a simple and serene look I have then simply used one of the beautiful sentiments from the Expressions of Condolences stamp set and cut it out with the matching dies. I then cut another dove to finish the card.  I hope you like it and I've inspired you to create your own embossing folders and perhaps given an idea for those difficult but unfortunately sometimes necessary sympathy cards.

Jane x

2 comments :

  1. Very simple and elegant.
    Must have a go at making embossing folders...it looks so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It Jane!!! What a great touch ;)
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...